Avocado oil for face has been known as a component for skin treatment for more than two thousand years. It was used for lubricating skin and also as a base for creams for facial care with other numerous ingredients. Nowadays we are discovering avocado oil for face care once again, having all the modern technologies and scientific knowledge on our side.
The benefits of avocado oil for face
Avocados contain a huge amount of antioxidants, as well as several very important for the skin care fatty acids and a lot of vitamins according to American Oil Chemists Society web site. Avocado oil for face is also a perfect moisturizer compared to a coconut oil moisturizer. Using it regularly brings splendid results in softening the skin and activating its protective mechanisms and intensive regeneration. It has been scientifically proven that using avocado oil for face treatment triggers the skin produce collagen and restores skin condition.
SEE ALSO: Benefits of Olive Oil for Face
Homemade avocado oil facial mask recipe
In order to save your money and not to risk while using commercial products which may basically occur to be placebo, you can make your own beauty products from avocado at home very easily. So, how to make the product in home conditions? Here are several simple steps, following which you will get a perfect natural beauty product. Also, check out some really easy natural olive oil hair products recipes.
- Firstly you need to cut the avocado in half. Please, be careful, there is quite a massive pit inside, so the knife may slide upon it. Once you’re done, please remove the pit and scrape the rest of the flesh out of the peel into a bowl or other container. Mash the avocado flash with a fork or a tea spoon into the creamy homogeneous mass without lumps.
- In order to prevent the avocado mass from oxidizing and, due to it, changing its color, add one teaspoonful of lemon juice.
- Choose what other ingredients you would like to include into the mixture. It may be a tablespoon of honey, or the same amount of olive oil or a raw egg white. These ingredients are well-known for their skin protection and regeneration properties; also they are catalysts of skin renovation processes, triggered by the avocado oil for hair and skin.
- Now you need to wash your face with warm water in order to remove possible dirt, make-up etc. Additionally, warm water will soften the skin, making the treatment more effective.
- Spread a small amount of the avocado mass to your face with your fingertips. Please remember to avoid contact with your eyes and hair. Rub the avocado puree onto your skin to the moment when your face is coated.
- The avocado mask should be left on the face until it fully dries. The approximate time is 15-20 minutes. During this step your skin is absorbing the oil and other useful ingredients.
- After the mask has dried out and your skin has gained all the needed components, carefully wash your face with warm water. After the mask is gone, you may splash your face with cold water, which will mobilize your skin and close the pores. Finally, take a soft towel and dry your face.