If you have any problems with hair, if you suffer from hair loss you should obviously pay attention to Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth. The oil is one of the most effective natural means for hair care as it easily penetrates the scalp and hair roots and is a source of highly beneficial nutrients. Jamaican black castor oil possesses anti-fungal and antibacterial properties and also stimulates blood circulation in the scalp.
How does Jamaican black castor oil work for hair growth?
Jamaican black castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid. It is omega-9 fatty acid highly beneficial for hair cells. Moreover, the oil has other unsaturated fatty acids and vitamins that give it a range of benefits for your hair (read also about all benefits of Jamaican black castor oil). Jamaican black castor oil also contains ash after the process of castor beans roasting which is considered to have benefits for hair as well. The oil may:
- Recover damaged, dry and brittle hair
- Repair split ends
- Thicken the hair
- Soften the hair
- Prevent and treat dandruff
- Treat fungal and bacterial diseases of the scalp
All this results in the good hair growth so we can often hear about the use of Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth.
How to use Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth
- Buy the right Jamaican black castor oil. Not all black castor oils are similar. When you choose the oil look for organic black castor oil. The possible chemicals applied for growing castor beans influence the oil quality and its effect. Besides, the oil may be extracted in different ways so try to find oils of famous brands: Sunny Isle, Tropic Isle, Olde Jamaica and others. If your local drugstore offers you only unknown brands of the oil you may always find Jamaican black castor oil at amazon.com or ebay.com.
- Massage a small amount of oil into your scalp and hair roots. Don’t apply the oil on your hair. Don’t take too much oil. The oil is absorbed very quickly so you may leave it overnight. It is not necessary to cover the head with a towel as the oil won’t leave greasy traces on the pillow. Repeat the procedure daily.
- For better results, make a hot oil treatment with Jamaican black castor oil once a week. To do this, warm up the oil placing the container with the oil in warm water. Apply the oil on your hair and scalp. You may mix the oil with jojoba oil (what is jojoba oil?) or coconut oil for lighter consistency (there are a lot of benefits in coconut oil for hair). After that put on a plastic cap and a warm towel. Leave for 30 minutes or an hour. Shampoo the hair afterwards.
- You may add Jamaican black castor oil to your hair conditioner. A few drops will be enough if you use it daily. It is the easiest way of how to use Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth. Maybe, it won’t cure your scalp diseases but it can support your hair health and benefit for its growth.