If you look for a remedy to cure your skin problems, for example dermatitis, acne, seborrhea, inflammation, infections or other issues, you may pay your attention to ozonated olive oil. Ozonated olive oil is made by bubbling concentrated ozone gas through organically grown extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil. There are no added stabilizers, colorings in it.
Ozonated olive oil manufacture
In 1954 Dr. William Turska of Oregon tested ozonated olive oil at TexasA&MUniversity. They found out that a long chain ozonide was created during the process. This ozonide has an effective curing effect. It gave a new impulse to ozonated olive oil production.
The production process involves bubbling ozone gas into the olive oil for some time. To make ozonated olive oil cold plasma ozone generators or corona discharge ozone generators are usually used by manufacturers. Corona discharge ozone generators may induce contamination. Usage of a cold plasma ozone generator is preferable as oil is not heated. So you’d better buy ozonated olive oil produced with the help of a cold plasma ozone generator.
RELATED: All about Palm Oil Production
How can ozonated olive oil help?
The product is extensively used for:
- Oxygenating skin and stimulation of cells growth
- Cleaning the epidermis
- Wounds treatment
- Skin inflammation reduction
- Aid in healing and scarring reduction
- Treatment of bacterial infections such as leg ulcers, fistulae, gingivitis, fungal infections, vulvovaginitis
- Prevention of secondary infections during the post-surgical treatment
- Treatment of hemorrhoids, herpes simplex, psoriasis
- Muscles sore
- Moisturizing face, removing make-up
- Sunburnt skin
- Insect bites and stings
- As a natural deodorant
SEE ALSO: Make Olive Oil Moisturizer at Home
Ozonated olive oil paste
When ozonated olive oil is bubbled for three weeks an olive oil paste is made. As Global Healing Center explains, the concentration of ozonide is higher in the paste or gel, that’s why it has a therapeutic effect. Liquid ozonated olive oil contains the ratio of saturated oxygen/ozone of nearly 10%, whereas O2/O3 ratio in ozonated olive oil paste is almost 50%. So applied ozonated olive oil paste has long almost 12 hours time release, whereas liquid oil has much shorter effect. Your skin absorbs more ozonide from the paste, thus oxidizing toxins and lactic acid.
Ways of application
- Ozonated olive oil is widely used for massage. The paste is ideal for it.
- It may be taken inside. Drink 2 tbsp. of partially ozonated olive oil to cleanse liver 3 times a day for 2-3 weeks.
- Ozonated olive oil is applied topically to the area where treatment is required.
- Room temperature – up to 3-4 weeks. It may go bad after that.
- Refrigerator – It is recommended storing ozonated olive oil in the refrigerator. When refrigerated it will last longer (6+ months).
- Freezer – suitable for long term (over a year) storage. Ozone will last for 10 years in the freezer.