According to Wikipedia scabies is a contagious skin condition which is caused by a parasite. It lives under the skin and triggers severe itching and rash. Tea tree oil for scabies treatment is highly effective because of its antimicrobial and antibacterial functions.
How does tea tree oil work to treat scabies?
Tea tree oil is easily absorbed and quickly penetrates the lower layers of the skin. It kills the parasite and destroys the eggs laid by the parasite, thus preventing reinfestation.
SEE ALSO: Tea Tree Oil for Warts Removal
Benefits of tea tree oil for scabies
There are several advantages of using tea tree oil for scabies instead of chemical remedies. Read about other tea tree oil uses here.
- Tea tree oil is a safe and natural way to get rid of scabies infestations.
- Tea tree oil disinfects and soothes the inflamed skin caused by scabies.
- Tea tree oil helps heal sores which can be caused by scabies and prevents scar formation.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Benefits of Argan Oil for Skin You Should Obviously Feel
Instructions to tea tree oil application for scabies
- Take a warm bath after adding 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil to the water. 20 minutes are enough. Use tea tree oil soap.
- Dry your skin after the bath and place the towel in a plastic bag. You will wash it later in hot water.
- Take a sterile cotton ball and saturate it with tea tree oil (full strength or diluted with olive oil 1:1 if you have a sensitive skin), rub it on the rash; cover all the infected area and even more. Don’t rinse off.
- Do such applications at least two times a day.
- If possible keep bedding ad all towels sealed in plastic bags for two weeks and then wash them in hot water.
- Do not share any clothes with other people and avoid physical contact if you suffer from scabies. It is obligatory to wash your clothing and bed linens in maximum hot water to prevent reinfestation.
- If your treatment lasts for more than 14 days seek medical advice.