One of the best ways to apply tea tree oil on face on a daily basis is to make a tea tree oil toner at home. Tea tree oil is a natural fungicide and bactericide. It kills the bacteria causing skin problems including acne. So tea tree oil is perfect for preventing and treating acne without any side effects.
- An empty 50 ml bottle
- 2 ml of glycerin (it is approximately half a teaspoon)
- 50 ml of water
- 7 drops of tea tree oil
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 capsule of Vitamin E
Pour the water in the empty bottle. Then add glycerin, essential oils and vitamin E. Shake the bottle well for the oils to get mixed.
SEE ALSO: How to Make a Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
- 2 tbsp. dried herbs appropriate to your type of skin. Chamomile and rose petals are the best for dry skin, calendula and lavender are recommended for normal skin, nettle and rosemary for oily skin.
- 2 cups of distilled water,
- 8-10 drops of tea tree oil
- 15 drops of tincture of benzoin (see more in Wikipedia).
Boil two cups of distilled water and remove from the heat. Complement with 2 tbsp. of the dried herbs. You may use several types of herbs, but do not add over 2 tbsp. Cover the pan and steep the mixture for 25- 30 minutes.
Strain the mixture with the help of any filter or a cloth into a clean glass bottle, discard the spent herbs.
Add the tincture of benzoin and pure tea tree oil to the bottle. Cover tightly and shake all the ingredients. Store this tea tree oil toner in a refrigerator. It is a good idea to label the bottle with the date and contents. The shelf life of a homemade tea tree oil toner is three months.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Warts Removal
The best way to apply your tea tree oil toner is to use it after cleansing the face and before moisturizing it. Try a coconut oil moisturizer. Apply to the face and neck with the help of a cotton pad. It can be a part of your daily skin care product. 1 tsp. is enough for 1 application.