Benefits of fish oil supplements are often talked about. Everybody has heard that eating fish is very important and fish oil and fish oil supplements are recommended to add to our diet. That’s why we face the questions: What is fish oil good for? Why is fish oil good for you? What does fish oil do for you? What are the benefits of fish oil? When is fish oil good for you? When is it harmful? We’ll try to clear out.
Omega-3 essential fatty acids
Fish oil contains omega-3 essential fatty acids like docosahahexaenoic acid DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid EPA, as well as gamma-linolenic acid GLA and alpha-linolenic acid ALA that can be generally called the main fish oil benefits. These are fatty acids that our bodies need but don’t make. EPA and DHA are found in fish only, that’s why fish oil should be consumed. What are the benefits of fish oil fatty acids, according to National Institute of Health?
QUESTION ANSWERED: What is Fish Oil?
Cardiovascular health benefits of fish oil are proven. Fish oil lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease and heart arrhythmias. It reduces triglycerides accumulation and their level becomes lower. Fish oil also reduces bad cholesterol level (LDL) and increases good cholesterol (HDL). Read if safflower oil lowers cholesterol. According to the preliminary researches fish oil may prevent atherosclerosis, thus it lowers the risk of heart stroke.
Another reason why take fish oil is the fact that fish oil may reduce inflammation in tissues. You will feel the benefits of fish oil pills if you suffer from inflammatory diseases. Fish oil treats sprue, inflammatory bowel disease and short bowel syndrome. People with Crohn’s disease absorb fats and vitamins with difficulty. Omega -3 fish oil benefits these patients.
Anxiety and depression
Relieving anxiety, stress, depression is one of the benefits of fish oil. Omega-3 fatty acids are effective for mood stabilizing. They help heal bipolar disorders and lower sadness, decreased sexual desire, mental fatigue, suicidal tendencies. Studies have shown that countries where people consume more fish have the low homicide rate.
SEE ALSO: The Best Fish Oil Substitutes
Other benefits of fish oil
They are the following:
- Skin care. Consuming any fish oil supplement benefits the condition of skin. It heals skin problems. Good results are achieved with psoriasis treatment. Fish oil may help with acne as well.
- Hair care. Omega 3 nourishes hair follicles and thus, fish oil improves hair growth.
- Eye care. Benefits of taking fish oil for eyes include aid in avoiding macular degeneration.
- Weight loss. Fish oil can reduce muscles stiffness and soreness providing help to follow your exercise plan. Research carried out at the University of South Australia has proved that the efficiency of reducing weight exercises is improved when people add fish oil to their diets.
- There are other fish oil benefits. It is used in treatment Alzheimer’s disease, asthma, and ulcers, for pregnancy and fertility and what not. Fish oil is used for treatment of dogs and cats as well. It’s possible to give an answer to the question “What does fish oil do?” for a long time.