Chamomile oil benefits make the oil widely-spread. The oil is derived from the chamomile flowers. As Wikipedia states there are two main kinds of chamomile plants: the German chamomile and the Roman chamomile. Essential oils are extracted from both species and different in their color, flavor and uses. The composition of these two oils is not the same so the oils have distinctive properties. We’ll mention specific features of the oils describing chamomile oil benefits.
Benefits of chamomile essential oil
- Antiseptic, bactericidal and antibiotic action: Both types of chamomile oil possess excellent antiseptic action. They help prevent infections development and combat present infections.
- Vermifuge action: Chamomile oil may kill intestinal worms and when applied to the hair it helps eliminate lice and mites.
- Anti-inflammatory effect: The German chamomile has a high content of chamazulene which is considered to possess the anti-inflammatory effect as Wikipedia states. So this variety of the oil is effective for treating inflammation of the urinary and digestive system. It helps get rid of skin inflammation. The Roman chamomile oil is applied to calm down the inflamed skin, in case of allergy or sunburn.
- Stimulating action: One of the chamomile oil benefits is the application for aromatherapy. Both oils are used to fight depression and induce happy feelings. The oils help get rid of feelings of disappointment and sadness.
SEE ALSO: Where to Buy Chamomile Oil?
- Treatment of circulatory system: The oil is used to treat the disorders in the circulatory system. It detoxifies the blood from the uric acid which is considered a cause of arthritis and rheumatism. Chamomile oil removes toxins that lead to infections. Read also how castor oil cleanses the body.
- Treatment of the digestive system: Both oils are considered stomachic. They support the proper functioning of the stomach. Moreover, they enlarge the hydrochloric acid, digestive juices and enzymes secretion into the stomach improving digestion. They help the liver ensuring the proper bile flow. The oils help expel gas from the stomach and intestines and restrain gas formation. Chamomile oil is used for children when they have some digestive disorders.
- Calming effect: Chamomile oil may help calm down nervous disturbances thus may prevent convulsions, loss of control over limbs and spasms. It is one of the benefits of chamomile oil that is applied for children. The oil is widely used to calm down the children’s nervous system, to treat hyperactivity and nervousness.
- Cicatrizing effect: Chamomile oil is perfect for skin. It is commonly used for producing cosmetics and skin care products. The oil diminishes spots and even scars on the skin. Both oils are used to treat acne, eczema and dermatitis.
- Analgetic action: Both oils lessen headache, toothache, pain in joints and muscles. You may use chamomile oil to reduce neuralgia pain as the oil constricts the blood vessels around the ninth cranial nerve.
- Tonic action: The oil tones up muscles, skin and internal organs.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: What are the Health Benefits of Sunflower Oil?
Chamomile oil is safe for use unless you are allergic to chamomile or other members of the Ragweed family. Remember that chamomile oil is essential oil and it should be used in small quantities and in a diluted form in case of topical or internal application.