Coconut oil shampoo is well-known for its moistening and antimicrobial properties. The oil has been used in Asia for treating all kinds of hair problems for many years. Medium-chain fatty acids contained in coconut oil nourish and moisturize hair from the inside out. Coconut oil is a popular ingredient in most of commercial shampoos, however you can easily make your own coconut oil shampoo at home.
Coconut oil and hair treatment
- Coconut oil shampoo nourishes the hair roots and follicles which make your hair healthier. Read more about coconut oil for hair.
- It prevents hair breakage due to its moistening properties
- The medium-chain fatty acids contained in coconut oil help to prevent and treat dandruff. Due to its antibacterial properties, coconut oil kills dandruff fungus
- Coconut oil is rich in Vitamin E, which makes hair healthy and vitalizes it
- Natural antioxidants that can be found in coconut oil fight the free radicals that destroy the elasticity of your hair. Using coconut oil regularly will protect you from premature hair loss and greyness.
- Coconut oil stimulates hair growth and helps it to keep protein
- It penetrates your hair and makes it shiny and soft.
According to CoconutOilfacts, coconut oil shampoo can do a lot of good for dry and brittle hair. If you can’t find a commercial shampoo containing coconut oil, which you can rely on, just add a little amount of coconut oil to any organic or herbal shampoo that you prefer. Otherwise simply make coconut oil shampoo by yourself at home, which is by the way very easy and interesting.
SEE ALSO: Where to Buy Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil shampoo for dry hair
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup rose petals (organic)
- 3 tbsp. of Castile soap (the soap which is made from purely vegetable fat)
- 1-2 tbsp. of virgin coconut oil (find out how to choose the best coconut oil)
- a couple of drops of rosewood oil
Soak the rose petals in hot water and leave for about half an hour
Melt the coconut oil and grate the Castile soap
Strain the rose petals and combine them with other ingredients. Thoroughly whisk the mixture.
Allow your shampoo to solidify in a cool and dark place.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: How to Make Castor Oil Shanpoo at Home
How to store and apply
Coconut oil shampoo can be stored in your bathroom in a cool and dark place necessarily tightly sealed. To apply smear off about 1 tablespoon of the solid coconut oil shampoo and massage it into your scalp and hair. Leave it for 3-5 minutes so that all the ingredients could thoroughly permeate you hair. Rinse off with warm water.
Rosewood and coconut oil make a perfect combination for dry hair treatment and smell greatly together. However try to experiment with other essential oils as well. Peppermint, orange and tea tree oils will add a touch of freshness and exotics to your homemade shampoo.